Chatham County is one of the fastest growing counties in North Carolina.
Located between two metro areas – the Research Triangle and Piedmont Triad – Chatham County is an attractive place to live and do business, best known for its low cost of living, abundant recreation opportunities, and energetic historic main streets.
It has a robust manufacturing presence, with a workforce that is prepared for the technological advances of the 21st century. Existing industries include 3M, Arauco, General Shale, Triangle Brick, Mountaire Farms, and Brookwood Farms.
Chatham County Data
Already underway in Chatham County is Chatham Park, a 7,100-acre planned mixed-use development located adjacent to Jordan Lake and Pittsboro. At full build out, the project is expected to add 60,000 residents and to house 22 million square feet of office, research, retail and community space.
Unique Developments and Contributions
Infrastructure and Support
- Easy access to urban amenities
- Within an hour’s drive of Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro and Pinehurst
- Excellent highway and rail access
- Skilled and educated resident workforce
- Diverse housing choices
- A public-school system committed to fostering a strong culture of learning
- An innovative community college system that offers unique curriculum programs, continuing education classes and customized workforce training for employers