Big companies – Cisco, IBM, Cree and many others – are actively recruiting to fill open jobs across the Triangle, according to NCWorks.
NCWorks is a statewide job search portal run by the North Carolina Department of Commerce, which has nearly 100 career centers located across the state. Users can filter NCWorks’ database by keyword, location, occupation group or specific occupations, minimum acceptable salary, education level, job sources and date posted. NCWorks also has a mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The NCWorks website contains a COVID-19 job board that lists companies hiring to fill immediate technical and healthcare needs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
North Carolina military veterans, transitioning service members and spouses can find additional resources on NCWorks’ separate veterans portal.
NCWorks reports thousands of available positions. More than 9,411 people added or updated their resumes at the site in the past week, and over 100 new jobs were posted on Sunday alone.
Here are the top 10 Wake County-based employers with the most job openings, as of June 20:
- Wake County Public School System (2,235 jobs)
- WakeMed Health and Hospitals (1,193)
- UNC Health Care System (1,069)
- UNC Rockingham Health Care (547)
- EY (481)
- Pharmaceutical Research Associates International (480)
- Deloitte (460)
- North Carolina State University (457)
- McDonald’s Corporation (430)
- Facebook (326)
Here are the top companies/organizations by job openings in Durham County:
- Duke University (1,412 jobs)
- Cisco Systems (636)
- IQVIA (598)
- Durham Public Schools (391)
- Duke University Health System (373)
- Cree (283)
- Fidelity Investments (267)
- BAYADA Home Health Care (252)
- Covance (230)
- IBM (152)
And here are the top employers in Orange County:
- UNC Health Care System (973)
- UNC Chapel Hill (539)
- UNC Rockingham Health Care (499)
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools (205)
- AHS NurseStat (51)
- Palladium Group (47)
- McDonald’s Corporation (46)
- Food Lion (39)
- Harris Teeter (35)
- Piedmont Health Services (35)
Original Source: WRAL TechWire