Cisco is No. 2 on the “25 World’s Best Workplaces” list and SAS came in at No. 13 in the new ranking based on employee surveys.
Fortune and Great Place to Work released the global survey Tuesday. It’s a culmination of various surveys and to qualify for the top 25 firms had to make “at least five Best Workplaces lists” in Asia, Europe, Latin America, Africa, North America or Australia.
DHL Express took the top spot.
Cisco, which operates one of its largest corporate campuses in RTP, scored 93% on employee ratings. That tied DHL but the delivery giant scored higher across a broader range of reports.
Cisco ratings by category:
- 93% Employees say this is a great place to work
- 96% I’m proud to tell others I work here.
- 96% I am able to take time off from work when I think it’s necessary.
- 94% When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.
- 94%People here are given a lot of responsibility.
- 94% This is a friendly place to work.
SAS, a perennial member of the top 25, ratings by category:
- 87% Employees say this is a great place to work
- 93% When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.
- 92% I am able to take time off from work when I think it’s necessary.
- 90% I’m proud to tell others I work here.
- 90% Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
- 89% Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
More than 10,000 companies with a total of nearly 20 million employees spread across 106 countries were part of what the organizers called the largest annual global survey of employee opinions ever.”
“The World’s Best Workplaces are the most sweeping and consistent examples of inclusive company cultures we’ve ever known,” said Michael Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work, in a statement.
“In a global workforce, alignment is everything, and these companies are fortifying their culture around the world — a nearly impossible feat. Even when tested by the pandemic, these companies recognize sub-communities in each region and their leaders carry an equitable employee experience across cultures. A huge congratulations to the World’s Best in 2021.”
The top 25 also included Novartis (No. 16), Novo Nordisk (no. 18), Roche (No. 10) and EY (No. 12) with employees in North Carolina.
The top 25:
- DHL Express
- SC Johnson
- Hilti AG
- AT&T Direct TV
- Novo Nordisk
- The Adecco Group
- Mercado Libre
- American Express
Original Source: WRAL TechWire