A look at the companies and organizations most active in seeking to fill jobs across the Triangle finds thousands of positions going unfilled.
Data is provided by NCWorks.
NCWorks, the statewide job search portal run by the North Carolina Department of Commerce, has nearly 100 career centers located across the state. Users can filter NCWorks’ database by keyword, location, occupation group or specific occupations, minimum acceptable salary, education level, job sources and date posted. NCWorks also has a mobile app on the Apple App Storeand Google Play Store.
The NCWorks website contains a COVID-19 job board that lists companies hiring to fill immediate technical and healthcare needs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
North Carolina military veterans, transitioning service members and spouses can find additional resources on NCWorks’ separate veterans portal.
NCWorks reports thousands of available positions. More than 4,200 people added or updated their resumes at the site in the past week, as of Sunday evening.
Here are the top 10 Wake County-based employers with the most job openings:
- Wake County Public School System: 2,594 jobs
- WakeMed Health and Hospitals: 2,462 (+485 from last week’s count)
- NC State University: 1,271
- UNC Health Care System: 1,152
- Accenture: 764
- IBM: 640
- Deloitte: 571
- UNC Rockingham Health Care: 570
- EY: 535
- Pharmaceutical Research Associates International: 521
Here are the top companies/organizations by job openings in Durham County:
- IBM: 2,187
- Duke University: 1,584
- IQVIA: 786
- Duke Careers: 754
- Duke University and Duke University Health System: 483
- Fidelity Investments: 478
- Cisco Systems: 370
- Laboratory Corporation of America: 342
- Cree Wolfspeed: 257
- BAYADA Home Health Care: 206
And here are the top employers in Orange County:
- UNC Health Care System: 1,142
- UNC Rockingham Health Care: 564
- UNC-Chapel Hill: 563
- UNC Health: 369
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools: 273
- Amazon: 187
- ARAMARK Corporation: 167
- AHS NurseStat: 80
- Harris Teeter: 80
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation: 80
Original Source: WRAL TechWire