High-tech jobs market in NC offering opportunities for thousandsDate Published:
by Rick Smith, WRAL TechWire
North Carolina’s high-tech job market continues to be a good one for people looking to switch companies or train for a new career.
In a Zoom interview with Rick Armstrong of WRAL News, WRAL TechWire Editor Rick Smith talks about the demand.
Triangle-based employers are hiring at a hot pace, according to sites and data reviewed for WRAL TechWire’s exclusive Jobs Report that is posted each Monday.
In life science, the Bio Jobs Hub from the N.C. Biotechnology Center also offers an in-depth breakdown about opportunities in life science careers.
Here are the 10 hottest occupations for jobs, according to the IT Job Trends report from the NC TECH Association:
TOP 10 Occupations
Occupations Feb ‘21, difference from Feb ‘20
- Software Developers: 10,283 +32.0%
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects: 3,235 +37.8%
- Information Technology Project Managers: 3,196 +18.2%
- Network + Computer Systems Administrators: 3,026 -8.1%
- Computer Systems Analysts: 2,794 -0.9%
- Computer User Support Specialists: 2,323 -23.1%
- Information Security Analysts: 2,229 -6.6%
- Computer + Information Systems Managers: 2,084 +21.5%
- Web Developers: 1,398 -14.1%
- Software Quality Assurance Engineers: 1,041 -11.6%
- TOTALS Including All Others: 33,530 +7.5%
Additionally, here are the most needed skills:
TOP 10 Hard Skills/ Certifications Skill Feb ‘21
- Analysis 16,292
- Innovation 15,149
- Testing 11,313
- Agile 10,797
- Operations 10,526
- Databases 10,517
- Implementing 10,159
- Automation 9,040
- Configuring 8,931
- Software Development 8,810
Last week’s report covered how the Triangle accounts for over 40,000 open positions on national job search sites, in addition to thousands of openings from local job boards.
Original Article Source: WRAL TechWire